Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Breathing While Running

Proper breathing techniques while running is an essential part in being successful as a runner, not to mention make your running experience more enjoyable as well.  This is particularly important to long distance runners due to the fact our runs and races are longer in duration.  If we don't breathe properly we can tire more quickly and cramp up which may result in lesser results we set for ourselves before our run or race.

Every time I head out for a run I make sure to remain relax, upright, and try to take large breathes in and out for the duration of my run to try to prevent side stitches or cramps from forming.  If I do get a side stitch or cramp I'll change my breathing technique, change my pace, or form to rid of it.

The following is a video I found of YouTube which may help you as well with proper breathing technique during your training and races.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment