Friday, April 15, 2011

Running Clubs

It can be difficult to motivate yourself to get out for a run sometimes, especially if it's gloomy or cold out.  That's why having a group to run with is so beneficial.  There are days, such as today, which I just wanted to roll up in bed and go back to sleep instead of running 11 miles in this overcast, windy, and cold day.  Instead of calling it a day and not getting up I called my buddy and he was over in 30 minutes to join me for my run.  After the first mile I was re-motivated and felt alright and happy that I hammered my run out for the day.

I included a link to running club contacts in Iowa for your viewing.  Don't hesitate to give these clubs a call, they're always looking for new runners to join them on their training runs.  Don't feel intimidated either, there are wide ranges of running abilities throughout these clubs.  Some are first timers while others are semi professionals.  You will thank yourself immediately after calling them and giving it a shot.

Running Club Contacts, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment