Thursday, April 14, 2011

Running Log

Every runner needs a running log to keep track of their daily run, miles per week, pace at which they ran, and how many miles are on their training shoes.

I've been keeping a log for the past 8 years and refer back to various years to compare then to now and see my improvement as a runner.  It's also beneficial to keep a log to see which workouts work better for you compare to others.  For instance, my favorite workouts are tempo runs and interval or repeat workouts.  I think I enjoy these the most because I dominate these workouts.

All you need to start is a note book and write down the starting day of the week which will be the starting day of the week here on out.  My starting day is Sunday, so my week going Sunday to Saturday then a new week begins.  From here all you do is write down how many miles you ran and the pace at which you ran.  Simple, but very effective and an essential tool for a runner.    

No comments:

Post a Comment