Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mind Set While Running Down The Dream

People who don't run as much as I do or hardly run at all ask what do I think about when I'm out there on a 13 mile run.  To be honest I simply tell them nothing too important if anything at all.  Running is my time to unwind and let my mind take a break from reality and all of life's responsibilities or obligations for an hour or so.  I know when I get back I will still have these responsibilities and obligations to attend to since they aren't going anywhere.

Running should free your mind, simple as that.  Take a look around you, enjoy the scenery, smile, relax, and just let everything go for a bit.  That's how I survive each and everyday, if I don't go out for a run one day I become too stress out and get overwhelmed.  Running is my therapy and stress reliever, and I know this is the case for many people as well.

Just look at this of picture below, I'm having a blast!  How couldn't I, I'm doing what I love most, RUNNING!!!

Running For Kicks Turkey Trot 2011 Champion.  I went into this race with a smile on my face and ended this race with even a bigger smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment